Each book in the Master TOEFL Junior series includes a carefully researched and detailed guide to each part of the TOEFL Junior Test. This series was designed to give test-takers the skills and knowledge needed to obtain a high score on the TOEFL Junior Test.
This guide is for students who wish to assess their grasp of the communication skills necessary for participating in an English language learning environment. The TOEFL Junior Test provides parents and educators with objective information about improvements in a student’s English ability over time. It also serves as a comprehensive measurement that can be helpful in gaining students admission to selective educational programs. This book will be a great asset for EFL students who wish to enter middle schools and exchange programs across America.
This book contains eight parts.
- The Orientation
- The Diagnostic Test: This section of the book will assess your current listening ability. The diagnostic test tells you your listening strengths and also what you should focus on to improve your skills. Additionally the diagnostic test gives you a grade you can refer back to once you take the practice tests to see how much your listening skill has improved since you began this book.
- The Question Types: This segment of the book gives you a detailed look at each question type on the TOEFL Junior.
- The Strategies: Here is where you will learn tricks and hints to help you answer each question type successfully. This section also includes methods you can use to recognize specific question types and explains the test’s traps used to trick you into answering incorrectly.
- The Example Questions: This portion of each strategy unit illustrates how a specific question type appears in a listening dialogue. Each example question is an opportunity to practice answering a specific question type on its own before you encounter them mixed with the various other question types. Each example question is followed by a full explanation, providing the correct answer and reasons why the other choices are incorrect.
- The Dictation Questions: This section’s main purpose is to give you an opportunity to practice listening for key phrases. Key phrases are necessary in understanding each dialogue and answering the question given in each dictation section. The dictation portion of each unit also acts as a second example question so you can practice a specific question type before tackling the practice tests.
- The Practice Tests: Each question type unit has a practice test to give you a chance to answer specific question types on their own before trying out the actual test at the end of this book. The practice tests will show your improvements on each question type as you study their specific units.
- The Sample Actual Test: The last section of this book is your chance to see what you learned and how much you have improved. It will give you a feeling for what you should expect on the real TOEFL Junior listening test.