Exam preparation is a vital period for candidates who wish to obtain an internationally-recognised certificate, specifically the IELTS one. Such candidates will find it less stressful if they can have relevant and beneficial materials in hand. Basic IELTS — Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing have, consequently, been designed to meet your demand.
Basic IELTS series aim at
- providing IELTS candidates with a basic English language ability,
- enlarging candidates’ stock of vocabulary, and
- giving candidates insight into the social life and culture of the English-speaking communities.
Basic IELTS series are suitable for those who want to achieve a band score of 3.5-4.5 in the IELTS test. They are also practical materials for high school students, students of pre-intermediate level, and for those who want to build up a solid foundation in their English language competence.
The main features of this series of books are as follows:
- Designed in accordance with the content, format and objectives of the IELTS test
- Reflecting the updated IELTS question types
- Meeting the demand and expectations of the focused candidates
- Containing authentic, interesting, and rewarding materials
As far as Basic IELTS Listening is concerned, it is arranged into five units whose themes centre upon cultural and social issues of the English-speaking communities. Especially, a variety of text types such as dialogues, news, reports, stories, and short talks, coupled with well-designed tasks are introduced so as to facilitate actual tests in the most effective way. Lists of new words and their phonetic symbols are also added at the back of the book to help you not only to easily recognise the sounds on the MP3 files but to improve your pronunciation as well.
On completion of Basic IELTS Listening, you will be able to
- do typical tasks in the IELTS Listening test,
- apply useful tips and techniques in answering questions of the IELTS test,
- be well prepared for gaining a higher score in your actual exam, and
- achieve your desired band score in the near future.
Hopefully, you will find Basic IELTS Listening truly helpful and rewarding, and you can eventually achieve your desired goal.