IELTS Advantage is a series of course books offering step-by-step guidance to achieving a high IELTS score.
IELTS Advantage: Reading Skills is a fully comprehensive resource for passing the IELTS Academic Reading Test with a grade of 6.5–7.0 or higher. Students who are taking the General IELTS Test can also benefit from this book. This book teaches a range of key strategies for reading more effectively and for understanding texts more easily, helping students to get a better result in the Reading paper.
Each of the ten units provides a variety of long and short texts that cover major topic areas likely to appear in the exam. Each unit is divided into different sections to help students:
- get to know the many question types and how to approach them
- develop skills to cope with the amount of reading in the test
- learn strategies which help in making the most of the time in the exam
- develop vocabulary and collocations, with particular attention paid to synonyms and paraphrases, essential for a good exam result
- Suitable for classroom study or self-study
- Includes answer key
- Includes additional sections to help students with core skills needed for IELTS:
- Useful websites for hours of IELTS reading practice
- Problems to avoid when filling in the answer sheet
- Tips for effective vocabulary skills
- How to get the most from your dictionary