In 2005, a new generation of the TOEFL test, the Internet-based test, or TOEFL iBT, was first offered in the US and soon phased in to the rest of the world. Unlike any previous version, TOEFL iBT tests all the four language skills that test takers need for effective commnunication: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. For the first time in the history of the TOEFL, speaking is tested directly and becomes a test section in its own right.
LinguaForum TOEFL iBT i-Speaking (New Edition) has been designed to help you prepare for both the Independent and the Integrated tasks of the TOEFL iBT. Speacial features of this book include:
- Overviews of Independent and Integrate Speaking tasks where you can find essential information related to each task such as directions, question types, general strategies to deal with the task and sample questions.
- Practical techniques to help you brainstorm and organize ideas as well as deliver your responses fluently and accurately
- Templates to effectively frame your answers
- An integrated workbook to provide extensive practice on task skills and two important areas: pronounciation and grammar
- Practice exercises and two complete speaking tests to monitor your progress and familiarize you with the actual test format and timing
The TOEFL iBT Speaking section has been considered by many test takers to be the hardest one, considering its format and timing. While it may pose a big challenge for you to achieve a high score, it does not mean that a high score is impossible (as many people tend to believe). If you understand very clearly what is required from the tasks and study with clear objectives in mind, you can surely achieve your target score, no matter how high it is.