Listening and Speaking:
Each of the sixteen units starts with a list of words that help to develop your vocabulary range around a particular topic. Vocabulary-building exercises also help you to remember these words and typical IELTS exam questions are given so that you can practice them. Listening exercises help develop your skills.
- is packed with typical IELTS exam questions and sample answers.
- highlights mistakes that students commonly make.
- gives useful tips to maximize your score.
- comes with over an hour of listening exercises to help develop your skills, and also has recorded speaking samples.
- has a complete answer key and all the listening transcripts.
- has been specifically designed for East Asian students.
Phil Biggerton has been teaching English in Europe and Asia since 1992 and in this time has taught Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, Saudi Arabian, Nepalese, Iranian, Polish, French, German, Turkish, Russian, Kazakh, and Spanish students. In the last 10 years he has specialised in IELTS and for the last three years he has taught English for Academic Purposes (EAP) pre-sessional courses at the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. He also trained as an IELTS examiner and has worked for the British Council in Taipei, Taiwan as an examiner.
He has responsible for teaching reading, writing, listening and speaking examination techniques for the IELTS test and preparing new IELTS practice material. In addition, he has also prepared and conducted placement for new students and helped to train new IELTS teachers.